Monday, June 15, 2009

whoo weekend!

Ah, what an amazing weekend (how was yours?). I went home (to NOVA) on Friday with two friends and just had a thoroughly good time. Got off work a tiny bit early, talked about everything underneath the sun on the way up, and went to an excellent Chinese buffet near my house for dinner. I can’t say enough good things about this buffet, the food isn’t quite as Americanized as your typical Chinese restaurant, they serve Vietnamese pho along with your food, just started offering bubble tea, and have dim sum along with the buffet!

Of course, being girls, we just had to hit up Tyson’s the next day. Shopping prospects are pretty dismal in Charlottesville, so whenever I get the chance to go home, I always make sure to go to Tyson’s Corner. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be bored with the details of three girls shopping, so we can skip these six hours. =D

We really went up to NOVA to attend a friend’s birthday celebration. Met up with the crowd at Reston town center later that night, and then went to Café Muse in Annandale for lots of karaoke. This is one of the reasons why I love northern VA so much. There are so many people here, and everything is pretty close to each other. Lots of selection, and it’s just bustling with people (but without the insane crazy amount of folks where I come from). We left early Sunday to go back to C’ville (after hitting up H mart), whereupon one friend promptly headed to Clemons to write a paper, one went to went, and I bummed around, called some friends over, and packed for work the next day (I do wish my coworkers would speak up a bit and stop mumbling. Or.. it may be my ears. I hope it’s the former).

That is my typical weekend in a nutshell, minus the travel during the school year. Wahoos definitely work hard and play hard.

No comments: